People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.