“It’s not selfish to put yourself first—it’s self-full.” ~Iyanla Vanzant
I’ve always thought of myself as individualistic. When I was a teenager, I often felt the desire to go against the grain, dressing alternatively and shunning bands my peers liked because I felt they were too popular. So it …
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.