By Leo Babauta
It happens to all of us: you are going strong with a project, with learning something new, with a new habit or two … and things go sideways. You get derailed.
This is a critical junction. If you let yourself quit, all your time and effort up until now has been for naught. If you can get back on track, things can be great again.
Most people don’t know how to get back on track, and so fail repeatedly. Today I’m going to share a simple method that w…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.