“Sometimes, the simplest question is the best.”
– Larry King
Cal Fussman (@calfussman) is a New York Times bestselling author and a writer-at-large for Esquire magazine, where he is best known for being a primary writer of the “What I̵…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.