“The spark from Heaven is given to few — It is not to be obtained by intreaty or by toil.”
“Those who work much do not work hard,” Henry David Thoreau observed in his pre…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.