“Resilience in love means finding strength from within that you can share with others.” ~Sheryl Sandberg
It took me a couple months to start repairing my broken heart after the toughest breakup of my life. I thought we were going to spend our lives together, but the gods of love had other plans.
After I’d grieved in…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.