“Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” ~Unknown
I was sitting on the beach with my wonderful girlfriend, trying to relax on our vacation in Florida, yet I was racked with anxiety.
We were lying under a large umbrella, taking in the beautiful waves and swaying palm trees, attem…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.