Ancient allegorical reflections on the universal themes of life, love, time, harmony, and our eternal search for a completeness of being.
“The dark body of the Moon gradually steals its silent way across the brilliant Sun,” Mabel Loomis Todd wrote in her poetic nineteenth-century masterpiece on the surreal splendor of a total solar eclipse. Nearly a century …
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.