Our mind and body are tightly interconnected.
Often times we can’t talk about our “physical health” without also talking about our “mental health,” and vice versa.
One of the biggest pieces of evidence for the mind-body connection is the placebo effect, which is when a patient is given a “sham drug” (such as …
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.