“I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
Not too long ago, I had the worst week of my life.
Let me give you some background. Just over a year ago, I was diagnosed with a meningioma—a benign…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.