“It has always been much easier (because it has always seemed much safer) to give a name to the evil without than to locate the terror within.”
“The self,” the poet Robert Penn Warren observed in his immensely insightful meditation on the trouble with “finding yourself,” “is a style of being, continually exp…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.