“I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
Not too long ago, I had the worst week of my life.
Let me give you some background. Just over a year ago, I was diagnosed with a meningioma—a benign…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.