People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.