“You make a living by what you get but you make a life by what you give.” ~Winston Churchill
Many of us are brought up today to look after number one, to go out and get what we want—and the more of it we can have, the better.
Our society preaches survival of the fittest and often encourages us to succeed at the …
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.