“Remember ‘ABC NBC’ — Always Be Curious, Never Be Complacent.“
– Bill Rasmussen
Bill Rasmussen (@bill_espn) is the co-founder of ESPN. He turned a massive gamble into an opportunity to create the 24-hour programming cycle used universally by netwo…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.