“There is no greater wealth in this world than peace of mind.” ~Unknown
Achieving (and keeping) peace of mind is high on my priority list, yet my choices didn’t always reflect this, particularly when it pertained to my work.
Over time, I realized that I needed to change to live a more peaceful life.
People have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.