“Body love is more than acceptance of self or the acceptance of the body. Body love is about self-worth in general. It’s more than our physical appearance.” ~Mary Lambert
This past week, I got married.
For me, this symbolized not only a new chapter in my life with a partner, but also a new chapter in …
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.