It’s very easy to get trapped in your own bullshit.
Our minds can often be our own worst enemy. We fill up our heads with lies, excuses, pessimism, negativity, and erroneous thinking. And we use these as weapons to rationalize why our lives suck and can’t be changed.
Many of these limitations are self-imposed. They aren’t actual phys…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.