Parisian misadventures in multitasking drawn from one of history’s great loves.
One September afternoon in her thirtieth year, during her first day as an American expat in Paris, Alice B. Toklas …
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.