“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have. ” ~Abraham Lincoln
As a child, my father always told me, “At everything you do, you have to be number one.” I tried. In some ways, I succeeded. I got high grades. Sometimes, the highest. Som…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.