We all need something to look forward to in life.
In fact, a healthy sense of “anticipation” can often help energize our lives, and even help us get through tough times.
While living in the present is a very beneficial thing – sometimes the present can feel a bit annoying, frustrating, tedious, or intolerable.
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.