“It is the most supremely interesting moment in life, the only one in fact when living seems life.”
“Not every man knows what he shall sing at the end,…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.