How Horrible Bosses Can Make Workers Miserable
Over my career, I’ve had more bad bosses than good ones. You probably have, too. At some point along the way, I realized that studying them could give me a valuable education in what not to do. I started taking notes.
My employees over the years have benefit…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.