In this episode, I answer the most upvoted questions from subscribers to 5-Bullet Friday, the newsletter I send out every week. It explores five cool things I’ve found, including apps, books, gadgets, albums, articles, new hacks or tricks, and — of course — all so…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.