By Leo Babauta
It can be really difficult when you aren’t good at talking to people, at making friends, or at dating. It can stress you out, get you down, make your life harder.
I consider myself an introvert, but I’ve made a concerted effort in my life to get better at making friends and socializing. So it’s possible.
I’ve created a course in my Sea Change Program to help others get good at making friends and dating … it’s called “The M…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.