Here’s What to Say When You Blow It
Many words in the English language are hard to get out. In fact, there’s even a Dictionary of Difficult Words. But none are more difficult than these: “I’m sorry. I was wrong. Will you please forgive me?”
Many otherwise articulate people seem to have great diff…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.