“I am worthy of the best things in life, and I now lovingly allow myself to accept it.” ~Louise Hay
Looking back on my life, I see that for a long time I struggled to take care of my own wants and needs and didn’t make them a priority. I used to find that very uncomfortable, and sometimes even selfish. I was …
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.