Many people ask me about startup investing and how to get started.
This post — while for informational purposes only and not investment advice — is intended to show you how one successful investor approached the early-stage game.
Jason Calacanis (@jason) has …
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.