Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.