“There can be a real meeting between two people at the point where they always felt marooned. Right at the edge.”
Of the varied threads of connection that can stretch between two people — threads of innumerable thicknesses, textures, and hues, s…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.