A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.