3 Ways to Put Yourself Exactly Where You Need to Be
Your boss suddenly resigns. You think his boss should tap you for the job, but that doesn’t happen right away. He calls you into his office and says that you’d be a suitable candidate, but he wants to think it over and consider his options, maybe bring someone in from outside with more experience.
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.