A lovely Japanese-inspired meditation on what makes us who we are.
“This is the entire essence of life: Who are you? What are you?” young Tolstoy wrote in his diary. A generatio…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.