“As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
When I was a kid, I wanted to be an artist. I loved to draw, especially, and even took art classes on the weekends when I could. For fun.
Obviously, being an artist isn’t a viable career (or so everyone in my life told…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.