People often say to those suffering with bipolar disorder, “Others have it worse than you.” This i…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.