“What you see in a total eclipse is entirely different from what you know.”
“A writer is someone who pays attention to the world — a writer is a professional observer,”…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.