Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.