Since the times of ancient Greece, philosophers, religious leaders and authors have strongly believed that self-knowledge was the key to human potential. They have posed questions you most likely remember studying in your freshman year philosophy class: what makes us human? How do humans experience pain? What are emotions and why do we have them?
Throughout history, m…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.