“Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.” ~Brené Brown
To all of my ex-boyfriends, ex-lovers, and especially my ex-husband, …
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.