“United souls are not satisfied with embraces, but desire to be truly each other.”
Navigating the various types of platonic relationships can be challenging enough. But few things are more existentially disor…
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.