“When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving,” ~Kim McMillen
I started learning about self-love a long time ago.
In fact, I start…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.