3 Things Being Canned Taught Me About Management
Chances are, you are going to be fired at some point in your career. This May, 1.7 million workers in America were laid off or fired. And according to the Labor Department, that was during a month of generally good economic news.
Sometimes you are let go for…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.