Opportunities to Comfort Are All Around Us
Life is not easy. We all experience pain, disappointment, and loss. One of the great joys of friendship, and the great satisfactions of life, is to be able to comfort a friend or family member in their time of need.
And of course, when we ourselves are hurting, we long to hear soothing words from …
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.