People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.