“Music opens a path into the realm of silence.”
Some of humanity’s greatest and most fertile minds — including Oliver Sacks, Walt Whitman, Virgini…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.