A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.