Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.