Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.