“To be, or not to be—that is the question.” ~William Shakespeare
This Sunday marks one year since my friend took his own life. It both is and isn’t a big deal. It is in the sense that we like to commemorate things: one-year-old, one year at a new job, one year since 9-11, one year sober.
It isn’t in th…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.