“We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ~Rick Warren
Regret—whether for things that you have done or things that you had no control over—can keep you frozen in the past, unable to move forward. Sadly, there are no magic wands that can turn back the hands of time and change …
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.